hopeBEAT.net speaks to Joseph Rojas from the band Seventh Day Slumber. In this interview we touch on many subjects such as the state of christian music and the state of Christianity as a whole. We also go into detail about the new album.
With the release of Redline Seventh Day Slumber brings a musical experience that is exactly what you have come to expect: A no holds barred, “tell it like it is” album that takes on the tough topics of the day. States lead vocalist Joseph Rojas, “’Redline’ is lyrically a metaphor for the current state of our country. Think of the red line of the tachometer in a race car. If you run the car in the red too long, it will literally blow the engine up. It seems our country is in the same position. God has been left out of just about everything. We have great division in this country like we have never seen before. We are “running in the red,” and we can only do that for so long.&rdquo
- Radio Single “Bring It On”
- Full radio promotion on minimum two singles with in house VSR radio promotion team as well as select independent promoters. Lyric and artist videos will be provided for each single from the release.
- Seventh Day Slumber recently finished co-headlining the extremely successful “City Rockfest” tour featuring “Disciple, Seventh Day Slumber, Decyfer Down, and Nine Lashes.
- Seventh Day Slumber will be heading out in September to co-headline the 5th annual “Small Town America Tour.” This tour will hit 35 counties and will feature Seventh Day Slumber, Fireflight, Shonlock, and Scarlet White.
- Publicity team will be working the release for three months, one month prior to release and two months afterward. (Press for SDS has always been very supportive, including articles by Jesus Freak Hideout, Amazon, New Release Tuesday, ChristianBook.com, ChristianRock.net, Metrolyrics, and many others.)
From its indie beginnings at the tip of the 2000s to their first release on VSR Music Group in 2014, Seventh Day Slumber has continuously raised the bar of alternative rock excellence coupled with an unabashed gospel message. It’s a tightly wound dynamic that’s not only seen the band’s albums land on the Billboard Heatseekers charts, selling hundreds of thousands of units, plus a string of chart topping singles, but it’s also quite literally saved lives. The story of front man Joseph Rojas’ delivery from depression and drug addiction has previously been well circulated. But many might not be aware of the fact that his previously estranged father came to Christ as a result of a Seventh Day Slumber concert.
Seventh Day Slumber has achieved many accolades throughout the bands career including numerous number #1 songs on the billboard Christian charts, BMI’s 2009 song of the year, as well as the prestigious “Dove Award” at the 40th Annual Gospel Music Association Dove Awards ceremony. With almost half a million records sold, Seventh Day Slumber has always and continues to keep a strong emphasis on ministry.
Advertise With HOPEbeat.net https://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/7/0/e/70e027b199e05226/Bryann_T_of_Kingdom_Music_Interview_Music_Touring_and_More.mp3?c_id=18350316&cs_id=18350316&expiration=1569801611&hwt=3b2b8e3a1175bdab98fb74e3677cb809